Pure Milk Calcium
Pure Milk Calcium: An Essential Part of Your Supplementation
When we were kids, our parents told us to drink milk for healthy teeth and bones. Good advice, but advice that needs to be carried forward into our middle and golden years. Calcium intake is critical throughout our whole life cycle for a multitude of reasons.
In addition to maintaining a healthy skeleton, calcium is essential for many body functions, including regulation of the heartbeat, muscle contraction, nerve transmission, hormone activity and more.
Of all the supplements that may be recommended by a doctor, calcium is the most common; more common than vitamin C, even more common than a multivitamin. The need for calcium supplementation is well recognized. The National Institute of Health (NIH) has stated that a large percentage of Americans are not meeting the currently recommended guidelines for optimal calcium intake. Clearly, many of us are just not getting enough.
Who is at Risk for Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis, or porous bone, is a disease characterized by low bone mass and structural deterioration of bone tissue. This leads to bone fragility and an increased susceptibility to fractures of the hip, spine, and wrist. Inadequate calcium intake is a contributing factor in the development of osteoporosis.
Although women are more likely than men to develop osteoporosis when they are younger, after about age 70, both men and women are at similar risk. What’s even more important is that the best time to take care of osteoporosis is when you in your 30s, not when you are a seventy year-old, trying to regain what you lost. Think of it like a retirement savings plan, investing early has vastly better results.
Calcium recommendations for North Americans were revised in 1997. The National Academy of Sciences and the National Osteoporosis Foundation recommend a daily calcium intake of 1,000–1,200 mg/day for adult men and women.
Everyone agrees that food is the best source of calcium, however, most people do not have enough calcium in their diets. Many dietary factors can negatively influence calcium nutrition.
- Frequent dieting
- Poor nutrition
- Excessive intakes of caffeine, soft drinks or alcohol
- Sub-optimal vitamin D intake (less than 400 IU per day)
If you’re amongst many who find it difficult to meet the daily calcium requirements from food sources alone, then Immunotec Pure Milk Calcium can help fill the gap.
Pure Milk Calcium – Much More Than Just a Calcium Supplement!
Immunotec’s Pure Milk Calcium is a unique calcium supplement made from nature’s most basic food, milk. Nutritionists agree that dairy products are the best source of calcium and Pure Milk Calcium is real calcium from milk.
Pure Milk Calcium cannot be compared to other calcium supplements. Just like the effects of vitamin C from a capsule are dramatically different that vitamin C obtained from a fresh orange, milk calcium is different from the calcium supplements usually found at the health food store or pharmacy. Pure Milk Calcium is actually a “milk mineral complex” containing not only calcium, but also a number of other essential minerals and vitamins. These include magnesium, phosphate, potassium, iron, copper, zinc and vitamin D. All of these nutrients have their own function in bone growth and play many other roles in your health.
Feed Your Bones What They Need!
Immunotec scientists did not come up with the specific ratio of minerals in our Pure Milk Calcium, Mother Nature did! This recipe is exactly what is found in the mineral complex extracted from milk. What’s even more fascinating is that Pure Milk Calcium’s mineral ratio is amazingly close to the mineral composition of human bone! This is a good reflection of why this type of calcium is the first type we are exposed to as babies and why it is the ideal source of calcium.
Pure Milk Calcium is the solution to balanced bone health
|Mineral||Bone||Pure Milk Calcium||Calcium Citrate|
Dairy Calcium and Weight Control
Recent studies have investigated the role of calcium intake and in people who are overweight. Not only has calcium intake shown to help in this area, but dairy calcium was far more effective than other sources of calcium. Bonus points for Pure Milk Calcium!
Pure Milk Calcium is part of your Daily Essentials Pack, so you can take this product with all of your Immunotec products for the support of good health and well-being.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
* This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Here are other reasons why Pure Milk Calcium is the right calcium supplement:
- Dairy products are the best source of calcium. Pure Milk Calcium is real calcium from milk.
- Contains the ideal combination of calcium and vitamin D and has a calcium-to-phosphorous ratio similar to human bone.
- More readily absorbed than calcium carbonate. Naturally contains calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, potassium, copper, zinc and iron, all important components of bone metabolism.
- Pure Milk Calcium can be taken at any time of day, and not specifically with meals.
- Calcium is best absorbed by the body in small amounts. Therefore, a supplement with a low dosage, taken several times a day, such as that found in Pure Milk Calcium, is ideal.
- Milk calcium intake has been correlated with lower levels of obesity.
Few people consume enough of the essential nutrient calcium, so nearly all adults can benefit from taking Pure Milk Calcium. In addition to supporting daily health, you may benefit from Pure Milk Calcium if:
- You want to support healthy bones and teeth*
- You do not get enough calcium and vitamin D in your diet*
- You need to limit dairy foods*
- You are overweight*
Purity, simplicity, and a back-to-nature approach are just some of the characteristics that make Pure Milk Calcium the right calcium supplement. When choosing the right calcium supplement for your needs, the choice is obvious: Pure Milk Calcium is a step above the rest!
Other Calcium Supplements
We’re told to avoid calcium from sources such as unrefined oyster shell, bone meal or dolomite, which may contain high levels of toxic metals. Synthetic calcium supplements may also contain potentially toxic metals and undesirable impurities. Many of these calcium sources are not properly absorbed by the body.
- Calcium. From the source that provides nature’s best calcium: milk! Each daily dose provides 500 mg of milk-derived calcium that is the perfect form and amount to supplement a healthy diet.
- Vitamin D. Vitamin D is a vitally important nutrient for human health. It not only helps us absorb and use calcium, but also is important to the immune system, nervous system, heart, brain and more.
- Magnesium. Magnesium is not only important for teeth and bones, but plays a role in over 300 chemical reactions in the body.
- Phosphorus. Phosphorus is the second most abundant mineral in the human body next to calcium, and works closely with calcium for healthy bones and teeth. Most bone health products neglect to include phosphorus.
- Potassium. Potassium is an electrolyte important in acid/base balance and plays an important role in maintaining bone density.
- Iron. Iron is important for both bone strength and growth.
- Copper. A mineral which helps in both bone and collagen maturation.
- Zinc. Zinc is a co-factor in collagen structure and bone mineralization.
- Serving Size: 2 Tablets
- Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)||200 IU||50%|
|Calcium (from milk mineral complex)||500 mg||50%|
|Phosphorus (from milk mineral complex)||270 mg||27%|
|Magnesium (from magnesium citrate)||30 mg||8%|
|Sodium (from milk mineral complex)||15 mg||<1%|
|Potassium (from milk mineral complex)||20 mg||<1%|
Milk mineral complex, magnesium citrate, cholecalciferol, acacia gum, microcrystalline cellulose, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, magnesium stearate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, polyethylene glycol, carnauba wax, and purified water.